Monday, November 30, 2009

The Beginning!

I always thought to myself that I have interest in fashion design and one day I would have my own collection. But never gave a serious thought. Born in a middle class family money was always an issue, since high school my interest in fashion gradually increased, wanted to do a degree in fashion but never able to enter that world physically. But nothing could stop my mind. First it started with accessories especially Foot wear, then slowly into apparel. I thought if you can splurge, the rest you need not worry to pick, every thing beyond certain amount would have "look good feel good" effect. That challenged me to have good insight into taste, texture, look and cut. I felt that the products from brands will no doubt be good because they have to meet the standards of their name and eventually the results of such pretty penny would be good to look. But what about clothes that you spend from your savings? we cannot spend much, so has look to for unique pieces and feel happy. Unique pieces would have its price tag and unfortunately every one cannot  not afford, I thought to myself  "why cannot I design my own clothes?" since then I started sketching designs of my own .

Before putting my sketches into reality, I wanted to know the trends and flow of fashion design, hence I started digging into history of fashion design. I was inspired by Charles Federick Worth merely a dress maker became a Fashion designer and  for invention of the name Couturier (Fashion designer, someone who stitches clothes). My spirits heaved after reading all about Charles which is just the beginning of the history(1826).  

No comments:

Post a Comment